The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally-driven, organizational and institutional performance improvements, and shift the development model into one that is bottom-up and ongoing. We leverage existing knowledge along with new technologies and innovative business models to support local reform that is sustained through market forces.
The Kaizen Company is seeking a Team Leader for a five-year project based in Kampala, Uganda.
The Team Leader will require experience in leading an organization in both management and technical fields, with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, management competence, and interpersonal skills. Expected responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic vision and overall leadership with principal responsibility for management of all aspects of the contract.
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID COR and Contracting Officer.
- Ensure quality control and overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Supervise team of local staff and short-term national and international consultants
- At least ten years of experience leading projects in developing countries, preferably including experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- An advanced university degree in relevant subject areas, preferably in Organizational Development, Capacity Building, International Development, or other related fields.
- A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing USG-issued contracts or otherwise demonstrated knowledge of USG Federal Acquisition Requirements.