Managing the Fields of Global Opportunity: A Futurist Approach
May 15 – 18, 2019
Pre-conference workshops: May 14
Join us at the Embassy Suites Denver from May 15-18 to explore the future of organizational development and change in a turbulent world. OD scholars and practitioners from around the world will share their experiences and advice through interactive workshops and presentations.
We encourage everyone to submit a paper idea by March 29 to have an opportunity to win a conference award, including monetary prize for best student presentation!
Speakers are subject to change.
- Terry Armstrong, OD author and scholar
- Dexter Hendrix, managing partner and founder of Genesis Consulting
- Jeanne Maes, professor of management with expertise in communications, negotiation, and conflict management
- Ken Murrell, co-author of Empowerment in Organizations: How to Spark Exceptional Performance
- Tojo Thatchenkery, featured in the Palgrave Handbook of Organizational Change Thinkers
- And others!
Details will be added through February.
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
- ISODC Board meeting and succession planning session
- Pre-conference Workshop: Publishing in the OD Journal
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
- Opening Keynote: Tojo Thatchenkery
- Lunch Break
- Paper Presentations
Thursday, May 16, 2019
- Morning Sessions with Dexter Hendrix and Dave Tunney
- Lunch Break
- Afternoon Paper Presentations
Friday, May 17, 2019
- Morning Sessions with Jeanne Maes, Terry Armstrong, and Ken Murrell
- Free time for networking
- Awards Ceremony
ISODC strives to keep attendee costs down, as we are focused more on the exchange of ideas and collaborative experience of OD, not on making money. The registration fee does not include meals, but hotel reservation provides complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening reception daily.
- Members: $150
- Non-members: $200
- Student members: Free before April 20 ($50 after)
Call for Papers & Presentations
Deadline: Workshops April 1; Papers April 29 (March 29 for award consideration)
We are looking for submissions relating to the field of organizational development, organization change, global cooperation, and futurist exploration of organizational life. We have space for standard paper presentations, which offer a 25-minute opportunity to present, get feedback from peers and experts, and hone your work. Paper submission deadline April 29.
If you have an idea for a workshop, we have limited space available for 90-minute sessions that teach unique skills and expertise, so don’t hesitate to submit your ideas by April 1!
Paper Presentations Setup
- Have a total of 25 minutes – NO More!
- 15 minutes for the Presentation – YOU WILL BE STOPPED when 15 minutes are DONE.
- 10 minutes for questions
- 90 minutes in length
- Should be interactive and educational, involving something related to the conference theme
- Can be co-hosted (please include other presenter information in submission)
Submitting a Paper or Workshop
To be considered for a spot in the Denver Conference agenda, please submit the following information to Ron Newton (email@example.com) and James Morris
(firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before midnight Eastern USA time on April 29, 2019.
- Cover page with full name, name of affiliation, and why you want to make a presentation at the Denver Conference
- 1-page, double-spaced Description of Presentation (250 words)
Deadline for Awards is March 29, 2019
Whether you’re interested in receiving our coveted Innovative Idea Award or earning a place in one of our Best Student Presentation Awards honor roll, we encourage seasoned OD professionals and OD students to submit their paper for consideration! Please note, only the student awards come with a modest cash prize. If you’re nominated for a conference award, you will be notified by April 22 and at least one author/presenter must be in attendance.
Innovative Idea Award
Honors the presenter who causes discussion among the participants of a new idea in creating innovative change. This discussion might lead to additional ideas, further research, new directions in thinking and possible publications. Self-nominations are made before the conference, and additional nominations can be made by the participants of the conference from the beginning until the end of the second presentation day. The awards committee will review the nominations and chose one presenter that will receive the award during the awards ceremony at the end of the conference.
The recipient(s) will also receive a certificate, will be featured in The ISODC Newsletter, and acknowledged on The ISODC website.
Edgar Schein Best Student Presentations Award
All ISODC undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral student members are eligible for this award, which is determined by the awards committee. The recipient of the Schein Award receives $200US, a certificate, and listing on The ISODC website.
Jack Gibb Student Paper Award
All ISODC undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral student members are eligible for this award, which recognizes the best paper submitted to the conference. The papers are reviewed by the OD Journal Editor and peer reviewers. The awardee receives $800US, a certificate, acknowledgment on the website, and possible publication in the Journal.
Entering for an Award
To be considered for a conference award, please submit the following information to Ron Newton (email@example.com) and James Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before midnight Eastern USA time on March 29, 2019.
- Cover page with full name, name of affiliated institution/organization, and name of award for which you are applying.
- 1-page, double-spaced Description of Presentation (250 words).
This year’s annual conference is being held at the Embassy Suites Denver Stapleton, which is a full-service all-suite hotel located 10 miles from Denver International Airport and is close to shopping and dining. A complimentary shuttle service is available between the airport and the hotel and between Northfield Shopping and Dining district and the hotel.
The link above will bring you to the event-specific reservation page for our event. From there, you can book the special room rate of $159/night.